Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 21:40:19 -0800
From:      mvanloon@MindBender.serv.net
To:        grog@lemis.com, michaelh@cet.co.jp
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: ccd and ftd

You're writing a better "software-raid" driver?

Here's what I want to do -- let me know if you have this in mind.

I like fault-tolerance, but I don't like to take performance hits for
it.  I'd like to take a set of drives and mirror pairs of them.  Then,
I'd like to stripe on top of those mirror sets, without parity.

This would give you the ultimate in performance, especially for reads,
and redundant fault-tolerance, at the same time.