Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:59:58 -0400
From:      Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   libXRes.so.0 and xorg updating

Inspired by all the talk of upgrading to the xorg libraries, I tried
to do this this afternoon. Most things seem to be working OK, but
I seem to be hung up in one spot.

When I restarted X after the update, I got a bunch of errors about
Gnome panel apps, and the panel does not appear. I tried to
portupgrade -f gnomepanel, and this eventually dies with a

  /usr/bin/ld: warning: libXRes.so.0, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libwnck-1.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

error. I tried portinstalling libXres, but this (and its
dependencies) conflicts with xorg-libraries, so I pulled it
again. I have run pkgdb, so gnomepanel should be looking
at xorg-libraries.

Any ideas of where to go from here?

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower