Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:23:40 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what magazines do you read?

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> I think the best think to do is to correct the Magazines :(
>
> At least here in the US I get the feeling that everything
> that I read revolves around Microsoft ...

It does, the amount of stuff that goes on here/everywhere about competing
with or bettering or how unix/product-X does/doesn't need to compete with
or improve upon microsoft just amazes me.

I think that everything you read is probably quite correct. Personally I
only read the little booklets Sun/SGI send, and only for humour value of
considering buying one of their laptops which sell for several tens of
thousands of dollars, just because they run X and have >32MB of memory.

Hey, Sun now sell 128MB simms for 5000 uk pounds (guess that's about
$10,000).

Hey, Software/Lan Warehouse are good to read - same reason. (do you get
them in the US?)

--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342