Date:      Fri, 2 Dec 2005 17:23:11 -0500
From:      Bjorn Nelson <o_sleep@belovedarctos.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   local ports (moved from freebsd-arch)

All,

I originally put this in freebsd-arch, then realized this should
probably go here in freebsd-ports, so I am moving it here...

I propose a new port category called local or site.  This would not
get updated with the cvsup, but would allow people to have a place to
put ports that they want to keep internal to their site.  I am
currently exporting a ports tree to a bunch of other hosts and it
would be handy if I could just put ports for our proprietary apps in
there and not worry about keeping a forked bsd.port.mk.

Sincerely,
Bjorn Nelson