Date:      Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:10:51 -0500
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Richard Danter <richard.danter@ntlworld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade failing on firefox and thunderbird

Richard Danter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to update my installations of firefox and thunderbird. I have
> done this several times in the past with no problems but lately I get the
> following errors (see below). Anyone else seeing this? I can update
> other ports just fine...
>
> Thanks
> Rich

Well, the output you sent tells us that you have a "checksum
mismatch" for the firefox tarball.  Basically, the firefox tarball is
corrupt - the system can't verify that it's the right file.

Most likely, a tarball was partially downloaded, and for some
reason was truncated before fetch got finished with it (e.g.
connection dropped, you control-C'ed out to do something
else, whatever), or it's possible that the file was simply
corrupted in transfer.

This is a pretty easy fix --- all you should have to do is delete
the bad tarball from /usr/ports/distfiles and start the process again.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey