Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:55:29 -0700
From:      Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Please confirm (conf#3cf11a7145595546740c6064dbc27044)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> David G. Lawrence used to be called David Greenman.  He's one of the
> founders of the project.

I do wish people who change their names would send notices.
Did he get married?  ;-)

> The real issue here is that somebody has forged a message and sent it
> to him.

No, the real issue is that there are scads of virii/worms in the wild
which forge message envelope senders.  It is absurd to send
autoresponder messages to a mailing list.  It is a bad idea (tm)
to send autoresponder messages upon receiving malware or spam.
Sysadmins everywhere are getting messages from clueless users,
themselves recipients of nag or bother messages asking, in
effect, "why did you send me a virus" when the user has no
friggin' clue who the doofus sending the complaint is.  This
is BONEHEADED.