Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 14:42:28 -0700
From:      Satoshi Asami <asami>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, phk@critter.tfs.com
Cc:        hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org, ports@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Pending crisis in packages/All/...

 * Uh, sorry - I mis-explained things badly.
 *
 * It IS that way now.  It's actually having all those *files* in one
 * directory that breaks mkisofs, not just a lot of symlinks.

So, just to clarify, it's the sheer number of files in that directory
that's the problem and it has nothing to do with symlinks?

If so, we have an even larger headache, as distfiles/ has an even greater
number of files.... :<

I need to think about this, it may require a major surgery in bsd.port.mk
and a complete rebuild of packages....

Satoshi