Date:      Tue, 4 Oct 2005 18:04:32 +0930
From:      Ian Moore <no-spam@swiftdsl.com.au>
To:        "Questions, FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   xine / kaffeine core dumps with bus error

--nextPart10511404.MSokHB1iyP

Hi,
I went to play a video file today & with kaffeine and it crashed when tryin=
g=20
to open the file. I decided to do a portupgrade -fR kaffeine\* to rebuild i=
t=20
and it's dependencies in the hope that would fix the problem, but it made n=
o=20
difference.
Then I tried running xine by itself and found it gave a bus error and core=
=20
dumped every time I tried to start it (not opening a file or anything). The=
=20
splash screen appears, then the GUI, then both close and in the xterm I sta=
rt=20
it from, I just bus error.

I've tried doing a portupgrade -f xine just in case, though it should have=
=20
been re-built along with kaffeine. None of the above seems to fix the=20
problem.
I'm running FBSD 5.4-RELEASE p6 and my ports tree was updated last night. P=
ort=20
versions are:
kaffeine-0.7.1
xine-0.99.4

 Xine/Kaffeine used to work, evidently a recent portupgrade has broken it,=
=20
though I'm not sure exactly when it last worked.

Just hoping someone can suggest a fix!

Cheers,
=2D-=20
Ian