Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2010 21:40:06 +0200
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org, =?UTF-8?B?RWR3YXJkIFRvbWFzeiBOYXBpZXJhxYJh?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Collective resource limits status report #3

Hello,

since the last report, I made my code compilable, although it doesn't
completely work yet. Now I'm working on finding what is going wrong.
While I spent time with buildworld/buildkernel compilations, I wrote
manual pages for the syscalls implemented and also extended the test
utility a bit. For next week, my goal is to make these totally work and
start to work on actual resource limits. First step to accomplish this
is adding containers for resource usage accounting. Edward's hrl code
will be a big help for this and I'll consider his work-in-progress
project when doing this task, trying to come up with a more general
solution that is also useful for his work and later improvements on
resource limits.

Bad news is that I've had some problems with Perforce. I used it many
many times, I know how it works but seems that recent client utility is
either buggy or developers broke compatibility and I experienced a very
different behaviour this time. I just sent a mail to developers@ about
this, this is something that we should look at. This made the history in
my p4 repo a total mess but supposedly code is there so you can check
out. For easier review, I'm also providing a patch for head with all the
code I wrote. I know this is not much but it took time to get into the
kernel internals and it also took time to compile the code and
eliminating compile errors one-by-one. Hopefully, as I'm getting into
it, I'll progress more and more quickly. The patch is here:
http://kovesdan.org/patches/jobs_current.diff

Cheers,

--
Gabor Kovesdan