Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 07:55:08 -0600
From:      "Dan Dockery" <danarchy@endeneu.com>
To:        "freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is there a reseller program?

Another thing that would probably help raise awareness of FreeBSD would
be a certification program of some sort.  Consulting companies tend to be
big on being able to say "This guy has an MCSE and a CNE and a CCIE, etc.
etc."  You could call it a FBSDE or something similar.  There are a few
companies who are coming out with Linux certification programs (Redhat
and Digital Metrics come to mind), but the problem with that is the
certifications will (most likely) be distribution-specific.  FBSD has the
advantage that there is only one distribution.

-Dan

"Come give anyone of us, for instance, a little more independence, untie our hands, widen the spheres of our activity, relax the controls and we -- yes, I assure you -- we would immediately beg to be under control again."
  -Dostoevsky "Notes from Underground"