Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 08:06:00 -0700 (MST)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        joe@pavilion.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: migrating stable onto my machines

Josef Karthauser asked:
 % Has anybody got a good method for upgrading machines on
 % a network... let me clarify.  We've got five or six machines
 % all running freebsd-stable's of one variety or other.  One of
 % them now tracks the -stable tree, but I want to be able to
 % update the others without them theirselves having to also have
 % a copy of the source tree on them.  I guess a sort of remote
 % make install would work.

NFS mount /usr/src from the tracking machine after you've done 'make
world', and then do 'make install' on each of the 'client' machines.  It
might work.  ;^)

 % Clues recieved on a postcard will be placed into hat and
 % drawn next week for a free pint of beer. :)

Clues recived by e-mail to be placed into a file and selected by picking
the top line after emacs m-x randomize-buffer-lines???