Date:      Sun, 21 May 1995 13:12:19 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   re: 4gig drive for $1099

> This is one of the nice advantages of FreeBSD.  Even Cutler, who should
> have known better, wound up with 32 bit limits in NTFS.  People with
> SCO, ect, have got to feel at least a psychological inhibition about
> buying 4 gig drives :-).

    Good point... I'm compiling a list of reasons why FreeBSD makes a
better Web server platform than a really pricey machine running
Solaris or IRIX or HP/SUX.  ;-)  Do you know if any of those support
64-bit offsets in their filesystems?  How about Linux?
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org