Date:      Tue, 1 Jan 2002 11:43:05 -0500
From:      Derrick Norris <derrick@norris-net.com>
To:        "Alexander A. Karpachev" <matrix_has_you_@mail.ru>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XWnd

On Tuesday 01 January 2002 09:00 am, Alexander A. Karpachev wrote:
> Привет !
>
> Greetings !
>
> I'm install FreeBSD 4.3 & XFree86 v.3.3.6
>
> Problem:
>
> But I havn't drivers for my video card (NoName GeForce2-MX-400
> 64Mb).

XFree86 3.3.6 will not work with GeForce video cards.  You will need
to install XFree86 4 (I don't know if there is a package available --
I built it from the port).

> I don't know needed parametres for my video card such as clock,
> chipset & athers ... and can't set correct memory size because
> there are no such variant available...

If I recall correctly, none of this was required for the GeForce
under XFree86 version 4 -- I think it's autodetected.  Just specify
the "nv" driver when configuring XFree86 4.  I also seem to remember
having to add the "agp" device to my kernel (I did it by adding
a device line in my kernel config and recompiling, but I think you
can also use a loadable kernel module; once again I'm not sure --
it's been so long -- sorry).

> (For configuration I'm using 'sysinstall')
>
> I'm try set SVGA and some ather variants, but when X starts there
> are not picture :(
>
> Alexander.

Hope this helps,

Derrick