Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:47:20 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>, "Ketrien I. Saihr-Kenchedra" <ketrien@error404.nls.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Memory modified after free - Jan20 -CURRENT

At 2:46 PM -0500 1/20/05, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>At 12:29 PM -0700 1/20/05, Scott Long wrote:
>>Ketrien I. Saihr-Kenchedra wrote:
>>
>>>Screen transcription attached. In a nutshell;
>>>
>>>   Memory modified after free 0xc1cde200(252) val=0 @ 0xc1cde228
>>>   panic: Most recently used by none
>>
>>I'm seeing this quite often too.
>
>Ugh.  I see this too, immediately at bootup.  The system can't
>even make it into single-user mode.

Well, it happened that I was in the middle of doing another buildworld
when I wrote my previous message.  I had just done a cleanworld, another
'cvsup', and then rebuilt everything.  This time the new system had no
trouble booting up, and I had no trouble doing the installworld.  I've
been running it for about a half-hour now, and haven't seen any panics.