Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2018 21:45:18 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        nervoso@k1.com.br
Cc:        Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <lenzi.sergio@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: running freebsd completely from memory : possible?

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 18:28:28 -0200, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi wrote:
> [...]
> Or you can boot from a CD, bring the system from the network and run
> from there...
> [...]
> It has been working since FreeBSD 1, I think...

A whole preinstalled and preconfigured GUI desktop system
(with the choice of 2 or 3 different environments) including
various application programs, booting fron a CD (650 MB capacity)
has been provided by FreeSBIE. If I remember correctly, that was
on FreeBSD 5 or 6... :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany