Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:24:40 -0500
From:      Andrew <andy@lewman.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible bug in 4.5-RC1 vs VMware (linux emulation?)

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 12:12:58PM -0500, drosih@rpi.edu spewed 1.6K bytes =
in 31 lines about:

I've actually had a similar problem, except I get a reboot.  I've
narrowed it down to either vmware or linux emuluation.  I disable the
cdrom support in vmware at boot, normally.  It still reboots right as I
should get the vmware phoenix bios screen.  This is on a 4.5-RC system
with a cvsup as of Sun Jan 27 before 10 am.  I've also had problems with
the system freezing under heavy network traffic through my dc0 nic.  I'm
doing about 75mb/s in nfs traffic at the time it locks up.  However, I
believe it to be due to dc0 be put into promiscuous mode by the vmnet
module.  I can't recreate these lockups with the vmware modules not
loaded.  I'm making the assumption it's the vmmon that's doing the
promiscuous based on these boot messages:

/dev/vmmon: Module vmmon: registered with major=3D200 minor=3D0 tag=3D$Name:
build-570 $
/dev/vmmon: Module vmmon: initialized
dc0: promiscuous mode enabled
vmnet1: promiscuous mode enabled

--=20

|  Andy   |     e-mail      |      web       | gpg/pgp keyid |
|         | andy@lewman.com | www.lewman.com |   ED788962    |

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
		-- Dean Martin

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU--