Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 1996 22:43:28 -0700
From:      wes@intele.net
To:        Cat Okita <cat@ghost.uunet.ca>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   American vs. North/South American (was Re: Advice/Recommendation needed)

Cat Okita writes:
 > 'America' is definately slang for the USA, and I'd rather leave
 > that name and reputation to them, than try and spend years cleaning
 > it up :>

Damned whiteback.  ;^)

 > (I've found travelling abroad that Canadians get a *much* better
 > reception than 'Americans' - I've also found travelling that I can
 > understand why! Some of my best friends are from the US, but the
 > sterotype of the American tourist is unfortunately accurate "IF I
 > YELL THEY'LL UNDERSTAND ME THEY'RE JUST ALL STUPID HERE SO I HAVE
 > TO YELL")

Everyone can speak "American" if I just say it slow enough.  Of course,
to speak Canajun, you just have to speak American, but screw up the
vowels and say "eh" at the end of every sentence: that's ABOOT it, eh?

 > ...and now that I've packed a good load of flame-bait into one message
 > *wry grin*...it's time to go...

We win.  We have more nuclear missiles.  Hah!

--
   Wes Peters	| Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
    Softweyr 	| The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder