Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:54:48 +0100 (CET)
From:      roelof@eboa.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/25102: mod-php4 wrong (for me) dependencies

>Number:         25102
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       depends on 'wrong' openldap
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:

quite recent cvsup on ports

I had installed OpenLDAP 2, a version supported by PHP4. Quite a bit
of work due to some interrelationships between SASL, LDAP, Heimdal (or
Kerberos 5) and MySQL. Catch 22 but in a rainy climate.

That went ok. However mod-php4 did not recognize the installed
LDAP as such and decided without further ado to install OpenLDAP 1.2.
I yelled 'NO!', but since it never asked the question...

Unfortunately I do not know what, if any, conflicts might arise from
having two LDAP installs. Guess that means a total wipe and reinstall
just to be sure.

A realization that warrants a bit of a rant <g>.

Ah well, maybe the gloom is premature and is the situation still
salvagable with a bit of de- and reinstall. But then, can I still
trust it?

>How-To-Repeat:

first you install openldap2 then you install php4 with openldap

>Fix:

either a patch in the script or an extra option for openldap2. No diff
output, I'm still trying to come to terms with the situation.