Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 01:36:52 -0500
From:      freebsd-net@thewrittenword.com
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Routing help

I have a FreeBSD/x86 3.4 box configured with two NICs, both connected
to separate networks. I have one default route. How would I do the
following:
  1. Respond to all packets coming from NIC #1 through NIC #1 and
     respond to all packages coming from NIC #2 through NIC #2.
     Because I have a default route, all packages return through
     only one NIC.
  2. If NIC #1 goes down and the default route is set to NIC #1,
     no packets can go through on NIC #2 (only for that subnet).
     Is it possible to add a second default route so when the
     network on NIC #1 goes down packets are sent through
     NIC #2 (this disturbs connections already on NIC #1 but
     that's OK).

--
albert chin (china@thewrittenword.com)