Date:      Sun, 07 Feb 1999 18:53:12 -0800
From:      charon@freethought.org
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CTM

After reading http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook272.html and 'man
ctm' several times, I have to say that I still don't understand it very
well.  Take this example from the handbook:

<snip>
To apply the deltas, simply say:

     cd /where/ever/you/want/the/stuff
     ctm -v -v /where/you/store/your/deltas/src-xxx.*
</snip>

What on earth is "/where/ever/you/want/the/stuff"?  The
"/where/you/store/your/deltas/" is obvious, but there's no explanation at
all for the first directory.

I think this is the only problem I have, because if when I run ctm it says
that everything checks out okay, but I don't think it's in the right
directory (i.e. I ran ctm in /usr/CTM, where I have the gzipped deltas, and
the result sure doesn't look right).  I think I just need a little more
hand-holding than the documentation provides...  Thanks,

        Charon@freethought.org
http://members.home.net/tuathadedanann/

"All great truths begin as blasphemies."
       -George Bernard Shaw