Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:46:58 +0200
From:      Erik Norgaard <norgaard@locolomo.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: php4 no longer has apache module?

Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On 17/09/06 Michael P. Soulier said:
>
>> So, I upgrade lang/php4.
>>
>> php4-4.4.4          PHP Scripting Language (Apache Module and CLI)
>>
>> And yet, it doesn't seem to contain the apache module.
>>
>> [msoulier@kanga ~]$ pkg_info -L php4-4.4.4 | grep '\.so'
>> [msoulier@kanga ~]$
>>
>> So now my apache setup is broken.
>>
>> I guess I'll look for a separate apache module...
>
> Ah, I see. A make config shows that the apache module isn't selected. I wonder
> how that happened, since all I did was portupgrade the previous version.

Well, when you cvsup'ed your ports tree the make file was updated adding
new Make options. If you had an old options file from last build,
portupgrade doesn't present the config-menu.

Looking into the make file, the Apache module isn't selected by default
which sort of surprises me, I would think that most would want php for
web scripting.

Maybe a feature request would be to add a version control on the
options, such that if this is changed the menu is presented even if an
old options file exist...

Cheers, Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org