Date:      Fri, 6 May 2011 03:53:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Tillman <btillman99@yahoo.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Leonardo_M=2E_Ram=E9?= <martinrame@yahoo.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Home firewall with DLink router & FreeBSD

=0A________________________________=0A=0AFrom: Leonardo M. Ram=E9 <martinra=
me@yahoo.com>=0ATo: questions@freebsd.org=0ASent: Thu, May 5, 2011 3:44:36 =
PM=0ASubject: Home firewall with DLink router & FreeBSD=0A=0A=0AThe short a=
nswer is a definite yes, but you will need two NIC's in the FreeBSD =0Aserv=
er. I have a FreeBSD server which runs diskless and it acts as my router =
=0Aright behind the cable modem. All networks in my home including the wire=
less one =0Auses this machine as it's route to the Internet. It runs IPFW2 =
as the firewall. =0AIt also does some port forwarding from my Asterisk PBX =
and webserver which are =0Arunning on other FreeBSD servers inside my LAN.=
=0A=0AThere is excellent information in the FreeBSD handbook on how to setu=
p a FreeBSD =0Aserver as a gateway/router. Check it out.=0A=0AHi, at home I=
 have a DLink Dir 300 router to provide internet access for my home =0Anetw=
ork. The network is composed by two Windows PCs, one Linux laptop and one =
=0AFreeBSD server we use mainly for storage and as web/database server.=0A=
=0AI must add, the server only have one network card.=0A=0AI would like to =
know if its possible to use the FreeBSD server as a Firewall for =0Athe who=
le network, securing LAN and WiFi connections. If this can be done, then =
=0Ahow? could you point me to some howto?.=0A=0AThanks in advance,=0ALeonar=
do M. Ram=E9=0Ahttp://leonardorame.blogspot.com=0A_________________________=