Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 14:03:02 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patches from -current for -stable I'd like to commit after testing

> > > Can you hold off a couple of days?  Something you've changed recently
> > > has broken PCCARD support on my Toshiba, but I haven't been able to
> > > track it down yet.
> > >
> > > (One killer is that the code now allocates IRQ 11 by default for the
> > >  pcic, but IRQ 11 is used by "something" else that's not probed.
>
> A quick followup.  The only other change I've made recently are the
> modem support for certain Cirrus chipsets, the rest need a sysctl to
> enable them or are 'style' changes and/or comment updates.

There's the "low power" bit as well as the modem bit.  I *think* the
modem bit change fixed the intermittent modem sound output I was
getting (sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldn't).

> It's gotta be the 'grab the highest IRQ' change.  Do you know what's
> using IRQ 11, so that you can enable the driver for it?

It's the "PCI IRQ", and now you know as much as I do.  It might be the
USB controller, for which we don't have a driver.  I just know that
IRQ 11 can't be assigned to a PCCARD and have it work.

FWIW, the kernel that works was built 5th Oct from sources current to
that day.  I haven't said anything because I wanted to come back with
real answers rather than unsupportable complaints.

mike