Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2013 19:04:15 -0400
From:      Bridger Dyson-Smith <bdysonsmith@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   java/jdk16 gone for good?

Hi all,

Will we have an Oracle jdk in ports again? Please excuse me if the question
is answered elsewhere - I've looked through the mailing lists but haven't
found anything related to the deletion of the port. Several of the
applications I use require/expect/demand Oracle's Java over the OpenJDK.
Despite that soft requirement, I tend to use OpenJDK, but while that's
worked in the past I don't know that I'll be able to continue the practice.

Either way, thanks very much for your time & trouble - and for all the work
on providing Java.
Best,

Bridger