Date:      Fri, 28 Oct 2016 21:39:14 -0400
From:      Allen <bsd_atog@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   LAME Package Question

Hey all,

I'm running FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-P35

I've been thinking about upgrading anyway, but one of the things I'm
seeing is that when I run pkg to do either installs or updates, before
it does anything it tells me that LAME is missing, and I originally
tried to just pkg install lame the thing, but it doesn't have that, and
I'm just wondering what the best way to get LAME installed would be.

I generally use the PKG tool and installs actual Packages, as I've
already paid my dues dealing with the Ports Collection back when I
first started using FreeBSD back in the 4.0-RELEASE days, and even
though I do like the whole idea of the Ports Collection, and I do use
it, I'm trying to stick to just one System of Installing Software on
this machine, but I want to install LAME, and can't seem to with the
usual methods, and before I go poking through the Ports Collection, is
there a way to install LAME using a Package? Or...?

Thanks for any replies, and any help is appreciated!

-Allen