Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 14:54:39 -0400
From:      "Rich Webster" <RWebster@tns-inc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   newbie IP question

I have installed a BSD box twice now and it seems to work fine.  I can ping
and use IP to do whatever I like from the machine.  However I can not ping
it or access it from another machine.  I am using a ten net address with the
default class c mask.  I notice that if I run netstat -r that while netstat
is running the BSD box is pingable from another machine.  I can ftp to the
machine.  When netstat -r stops I lose my connection.  What is happening
here?  This is a fresh install.  Do I need to tell the BSD box who it can
trust to respond to?  Please e-mail you answer to me at
rwebster@tns-inc.com.   Thank you very much in advance.  I've been playing
with this for a while and am now pretty frustrated.

email: rwebster@tns-inc.com <mailto:rwebster@tns-inc.com>