Date:      Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:50:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: devfs

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:

>If I'm using devfs on -current, can I erase the contents of my /dev
>before devfs is mounted to save space?

What space are you planning to save?  You might free up some inodes but
according to my 4.4-PRERELEASE box:

[bandix@leto /dev]% du -sh .
 58K    .

--
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.  There might be a
law against it by that time."	-- /usr/games/fortune, 07/30/2001

Brandon D. Valentine <bandix at looksharp.net>