Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2012 10:30:59 -0700
From:      pete wright <nomadlogic@gmail.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.1 stability/robustness?

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net> wrote:
> I need to build up a few servers and routers, and am wondering how
> FreeBSD 9.1 is shaping up. Will it be likely to be more stable and
> robust than 9.0-RELEASE? Are there issues that will have to wait
> until 9.2-RELEASE to be fixed? Opinions welcome.

Just another data point: running 9.1-RC1 as well as 9.1-RC2 since they
have become available on my primary workstation/build server (for
pkgng pkg's), in addition to my mail/web/shell servers.  I have
managed all my updates via freebsd-update, so no custom bits compiled
for the kernel or userland.  have had no lockups, and performance is
great on my workstation/build server.  On all systems I've been using
a combination of ufs and zfs w/o issues as well.

Hope this helps.
-pete

--
pete wright