Date:      Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:19:12 -0400
From:      "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   staroffice52 installation not reproducible

I'm used to stochastic behavior on classroom computers running windows,
not freebsd . . .

I previously installed staroffice52 without a hitch. Now not only do I
fail, but I get incionsistent messages:

 fac13# make build
===>   staroffice-5.2 depends on file: /compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6 - found

/usr/ports/editors/staroffice52/work/office52/so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin: absolute programpath cannot be found.

ERROR: setup system check failed:

        libc.so.6   library not found

StarOffice 5.0 uses the new glibc2 (=libc6).
The libraries above could not be found.

The glibc_inst.tar package includes a README file which describes
how to install these libraries. It will be made available on the StarDivision
ftp mirror sites in the same directory as the StarOffice installation files.

You can try to run setup (and StarOffice) anyway. If it does
not work or you experience strange crashes or get unresolved symbol errors
we recommend installing the glibc_inst.tar package.

Do you want to proceed anyway ? <y/n> glibc version: 2.1.2

Can't open /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52/work/office52/setup.ins: No such file or directory

I'm wondering if I tossed in a symlink that made it happy last time?
--but I think that was for lyx or pgi fortran.

hawk

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.                     /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700         \ /   against HTML mail