Date:      Thu, 02 Sep 1999 18:15:10 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        Markus Stumpf <maex-freebsd-hackers@Space.Net>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proposal: Add generic username for 3rd-party MTA's

On Thu, 02 Sep 1999 09:10:34 MST, Doug wrote:

> 	Please understand, this is not a personal attack.

Nope, you're quite good with wording your mail. :-)

> I'm sure that your proposal was motivated by good intentions, but
> those of us who see the harm in it and understand the issues involved
> are trying to explain why it's a bad idea.

Well I wouldn't have asked for comments if I hadn't been willing to
listen. It took a little explaining, but I can see where folks are
coming from.	:-)

This will come up again when we try to sandbox sendmail, but we can
leave it alone for now. When it does come up, I'd appreciate it if the
folks with as much of a handle on the situation as you, Markus and Tim
would chip in with some ideas on how to move forward. :-)

Stay tuned!

Ciao,
Sheldon.