Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 1998 17:29:33 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@freedomnet.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tell Micro$oft what you think :)

Greg Lehey wrote:

> I do not use Microsoft products, which I consider of inferior quality
> and functionality.  The fact that the network connection hung twice
> while I was trying to fill in this page confirms my opinion.
>
> As such, I should not be interested in what happens to your company.
> But I am.  Due to your predatory practices, I find it more and more
> difficult to get technical information and software which works on my
> machines: you are stifling what you call ``the freedom to innovate''.
> You are a nuisance.  I have seen nothing technically useful come out
> of your company in a decade, and I sincerely hope that the DoJ will at
> least stop you in your attempts to change the shape of the industry to
> your advantage.  Beyond that, I am not interested in what happens to
> your company.
>
> Greg Lehey

You were much nicer than I, though equally civil.  I politely pointed
out that I *have* written to my Senator with regards to Microsoft
predatory practices a number of times, and asked if perhaps they have
heard of him; his name is Orrin Hatch.

;^)

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                  wes@softweyr.com