Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 10:28:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>
To:        Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@minas-tirith.pol.ru>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cluster?

yeah, but that's been done for the most part too. For example, we did
mpeg encoding in parallel for several projects and demonstrated that you
could walk up to a node or set of nodes, power them off, and continue to
get your data. I'm assuming you've all looked at condor as well. Sorry, I
missed part of this discussion.

You can't run a cluster for anything useful without addressing failures.
It's a given, much like AC power, which is why we don't talk about it that
much.

ron

Ron Minnich                |Java: an operating-system-independent,
rminnich@sarnoff.com       |architecture-independent programming language
(609)-734-3120             |for Windows/95 and Windows/NT on the Pentium
ftp://ftp.sarnoff.com/pub/mnfs/www/docs/cluster.html