Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:59:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Base Kerberos 5  support?

:Howdy ,
:
:I noticed this :
:
:http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/server/Deploy/security/MitKerb.asp
:
:Microsoft claims that they are going to be compatible with MIT Kerberos 5
:or so the story goes 8)
:
:I noticed that the based kerberized tools in FreeBSD are for Kerberos IV...
:
:I installed Kerberos 5 port on my system and it appears to work except
:in multi-homed server: I get replay dispatch errors ...
:
:My work around was simply to start moving my network services to a
:a box which I don't use often and it has a single interface which is okay
:and right for internal network services such as kerberos .
:
:	Cheers
: Amancio Hasty

    Kerberos 5 is currently a port, /usr/ports/security/krb5.

    I would love to see krb 5 made part of the standard distribution.  BEST
    has been using it for several years now with no problems and I believe
    that it is a whole lot easier to administrate then krb 4.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>