Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 21:24:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Keith Ray <rayk@sugar-land.spc.slb.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How long until a port is committed?

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Brandon Fosdick wrote:

> I'm not a commiter but from what I've seen the results vary a lot
> depending on many things. I had one port that was commited the same day
> and another one that took weeks. I think it mostly  depends on how busy
> the committers are and how complicated your port is.

And how interesting it is to them. If there's a submitted port which makes
a committer sit up and say "Holy Wow, I simply must try this out!" then
they're a bit more likely to import it than if it's (e.g.) some obscure
command-driven quantum bogodynamics simulation.

Apologies if you in fact submitted a command-driven QBD simulation :-)

Kris

----