Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:45:17 +0100
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@pompo.net>
To:        Geoffroy Desvernay <dgeo@egim-mrs.fr>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: horde-php5-3.1

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

Le Jeu 23 mar 06 =E0 14:06:25 +0100, Geoffroy Desvernay <dgeo@egim-mrs.fr>
 =E9crivait=A0:
> Hello,

> I'm installing horde for my University under FreeBSD, and there are =3D20
> some things that may/should be changed (in my opinion):
>=20
> 1. when 'portupgrading' horde, old configuration is saves as =3D20
> '.previous': ok, but default configuration is installed as 'conf.php', =
=3D20
> allowing the first client to be logged as administrator and change =3D20
> whole config ! (Horde seems to handle well configuration upgrades =3D20
> without erasing old config... why erasing it ?)
>=20
> =3D3D> I think the port SHOULD NOT install conf.php unless it doesn't exi=
st.

This has already been discussed several times (see PR ports/88621 and
previous ones):

<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D88621>;

but I have never found a right solution (patches welcome!).
You can ususally keep the previous configuration files between minor
upgrades, but this is not always true.

I'll try at least to add a better post-installation message to warn
about the problem.

> 2. Form Makefile:
>   @${CHOWN} -R ${WWWOWN}:${WWWGRP} ${HORDEDIR}
> The whole horde directory doesn't have to be writeable by www, read =3D20
> access is suffisant. I think it should remain root's and only =3D20
> config/conf.php should be writeable by www (I still wouldn't be =3D20
> chocked if port wouldn't chown at all, and just advertise about it, =3D20
> since many items still needs to be edited by hand.

Yes, you're right. I remember that someone wanted to define a general
policy about web-apps installation, but I cannot find it again... This
is on my TODO-list.

> Hope my english is not as bad so you can read me :)

Its good enough for me ;-) BTW you could write to me (privately) in
french.

Regards,
--=20
Th. Thomas.