Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:42:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        Brian Adkins <brian@lojic.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RC5-64 Contest

On 22 Mar 1999, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> Brian Adkins <brian@lojic.com> writes:
> > Hey, the distributed.net people got the stats back up today and Team
> > FreeBSD rose 3 to rank 32 and NetBSD Users dropped 1 to rank 28 on the
> > daily stats!
>
> Perhaps whoever "owns" freebsd@distributed.net should have that user
> join Team FreeBSD - then contributing to that team would be as simple
> as "make install clean" in /usr/ports/misc/rc5des.

Err, I'm coming into this a bit late, but if someone has an easy way
to create a bootable floppy with the fxp and ed NIC drivers, a dhcp
client (optional, but highly preferred), and the rc5des client, I have
about 40 PII-266's and 30 P133s I could run it on for about 15 hours a
day, and 48 hours on weekends.  Think that would bring Team FreeBSD up
a notch or two? :-)

I could also just fudge and run a Win95 version of the client in the
background all day on even more workstations than that (the users
wouldn't be any wiser, so long as it only worked during idle time).

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
/* FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and compatibles (SPARC and Alpha under development)
   ( http://www.freebsd.org )                                       */