Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:48:29 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   development models of some ports(expecially Gnome)

I make port-upgrade periddically what I see is that always the last
the "raw" version is included in ports.Gnome officialy maintains
two branches of development:stable and beta so it effictively
adhere to the same development model as fbsd do(at least what two branches
of development concern).Now I would like to know what is so idiotic in
idea of doing the same:just maintain two branches of gnome ports :stable
and development.There are surely people how are interested in one as well
there are people who are interested in other anf there still another
who are interested in stable applications in one part and development
applications in other.As for me I have some long-lasting problems with
xchat-1.3.8 I understand it is not critical by no means but I would
soemhow appreciate possibility to choose what I would like to run
using ports mechanismus.Besides ,will the questions related and describing
problems with some non-critical applications tolerated and answered in
this mailing list.Is it a good tone to ask them?
kind regards,
Ariel