Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:13:58 -0400
From:      Normand Leclerc <normand.leclerc@lca.etsmtl.ca>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Cc:        Normand Leclerc <leclercn@videotron.ca>
Subject:   Re: Serial console gettytab

Hmmm it seems I didn't put much information in my request...  Sorry about
that.

    I am running FreeBSD stable on a 164sx system.  The SRM is of course set
up as 9600bps and therefore, I've set the serial console the same.  I can do
many "show" commands in the SRM console without loosing a single character.
FreeBSD boots up, no loss there.  I begin loosing characters when entering
runlevels.  As soon as the SCSI subsystem is done with it's initialization,
I begin loosing chars.
I know my cable has CTS/RTS hooked right as the SRM is doing fine (and as I
tested the cable using minicom at 115200).

   My console LOGIN gets screwed real bad.  I found out that by using "ub"
in the gettytab entry for unbuffered IOs helps a bit but I still am missing
chars.  It's as if the chars where sent out too fast.

Normand Leclerc
leclercn@videotron.ca