Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2012 00:13:15 -0700
From:      "Mark Farrar" <farrarmarklv@gmail.com>
To:        <bkoenig@alpha-tierchen.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: mono-kmod-20070416

I am experiencing a problem with this port under FreeBSD 9, x86 and amd_64
versions.

When I run my mono application using the mono keyword, the application
executes properly.

However, when I run the application without the mono keyword, with the
mono-kmod port installed and configured (mono_load="YES" in
/boot/loader.conf), FreeBSD crashes and the computer restarts.

This happens consistently on fresh OS installs using both ports compiles and
pkg installs.

I have installed FreeBSD on two different system using both ports and pkgs
and the result is always a OS crash when running a mono app without the mono
keyword with the mono-kmod pkg installed.

I've just started exploring FreeBSD and would definitely like to use the
mono-kmod pkg with my mono applications.

Please let me know if you need any additional information regarding the
FreeBSD crashes that I am experiencing with mono-kmod.

Sincerely,

Mark Farrar