Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:50:31 +0600
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE, 4.7-RELEASE vs Asus P2B-DS motherboard

Hi, all

Have anyone some ideas about what happening in FreeBSD with asus
p2b-ds motherboards ? I got one, but all my efforts to install FreeBSD
on it have no effects. During the boot from 4.6-RELEASE floppies, or
4.7-RELEASE floppies the boot process hangs right after detecting my
parralel port. No effects with switching off LPT-port in BIOS. I
searched google and found that problem exists since 4.4. The author of
posting on geocrawler said that were was an send-pr, but no reaction.
He also said that 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 kernels boot just fine.

I don't want to seat on FreeBSD 4.3. And if I install it and cvsup it
to 4.7 - what if refuse to boot again ?

WBR, Eugene.