Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:08:43 +0100
From:      "Jimmy Hjelm" <jimbo99@telia.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   What does Alt+Pause/Break do?

I mistook the Pause/Break key for another key, and pressed it together =
with Alt, and got a kernel panic.  I found it very interesting, and =
tried it again (after rebooting, of course), with the same result.  I =
get a trap 9 error message, with info on the instr.ptr. , stk.ptr. , =
frame.ptr. and so on.   What is this "feature"?  I've used FreeBSD for a =
couple of years, but never touched those buttons together, and I have =
never seen anything like that message.  The panic message is 'panic:  =
general protection fault'.  I didn't find anything in the handbook, and =
the archives are down, so I'm just a little curious to see if someone =
knows anything about this.

Thank you!

/Jimmy Hjelm