Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 22:25:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay E. Erickson" <erickson@server.gf-net.af.mil>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP/IP config help?

On Tue, 27 Aug 1996, Doug White wrote:

My box responds only to UDP not TCP
I'm running a 3com 3c509 but I'm going to try a SMC as soon as I can
scrounge one up.
It's a DFI P66/100 PCI motherboard with a NCR scsi 2G hard drive & CD
It's main uses are primary DNS server and web server. (when it's running)
I just loaded FreeBSD 2.1.5 off walnut creeks CD.
If I can't get it working by the end of the week I'm going back to Linux.

> What do you get when you try to ping it?

I get no response.
sometimes when i try to ping out from it I get a reponse BUT
with a high packet loss (92%) and a very long response time 101670.203 ms

> > Does anyone know what the /24 means on the first link line ?
>
> I believe it has to do with the subnet.  I think it means that the
> addresses 0-24 should be routed here.

I don't think so.
I changed it's address to 132.10.1.254 and it still reports 132.10.1/24

Jay Erickson
Erickson@server.gf-net.af.mil