Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:21:04 +0000
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <philip@p6m7g8.com>
To:        synrat <synrat@wirewalk.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Oracle on FreeBSD

I've also notice that the FAQ on the FreeBSD site is for 3.2 and ORALCE 7

Aren't we on oracle 9i and FreeBSD 5.0 ?

Since I have to do this so that I can test things locally, I wouldn't min=
doing a web write up for the FreeBSD docs unless someone else is already=20
working on this ?

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 04:00, synrat wrote:
> it's not a bad idea, it'd be great if oracle created a port for bsd, bu=
> they didn't and most likely won't. you can't run in in native mode,
> because ... well... it's bsd, not linux. i don't think you'll have issu=
es
> with emulation mode,. except for performance, which could be pretty big=
=2E
> I suggest just stick with linux for oracle.
>
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Damien Hull wrote:
> > Can you run Oracle on FreeBSD?
> >
> > So far I've found some information on installing Oracle using Linux
> > emulation but nothing about running it in native mode.
> >
> > Also, if any of you feel that running Oracle on FreeBSD is a bad idea
> > let me know.

--=20
END=20
-----=20
Philip M. Gollucci philip@p6m7g8.com 301.474.9294 301.646.3011 (cell)=20

Science, Discovery, & the Universe (UMCP)=20
Webmaster & Webship Teacher=20

eJournalPress=20
Database/PERL Programmer & System Admin=20

Resume : http://p6m7g8.net/Resume=20