Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2007 05:52:04 -0400
From:      Gerard <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Shared object "libintl.so.6" not found

On Tuesday March 20, 2007 at 04:56:34 (AM) Jonathan Chen wrote:

> >   As a result of the upgrade to gettext-0.16.1, the shared library version
> >   of libintl has changed, so you will need to rebuild all ports that
> >   depend on gettext (ie: most of them, sorry).
> >
> >   portupgrade -rf gettext
>
> This is the correct solution. Unfortunately, also one of the slowest.

Tell me about it. I have been rebuilding my system most of the night and
it is still not completed. This is all because I updated 'Gaim' which
pulled in the updated 'gettext' which in turn hosed my system. According
to 'portmanager', I have over a hundred applications that need to be
fixed. I did get the logon fixed though by rebuilding 'gettext' and then
rebuild 'bash'. So, at least I can logon normally.

--
Gerard

Only in America...

Tim Allen, comedian, had this to say about Martha Stewart:

"Boy, I feel safer now that she's behind bars. O. J. & Kobe are walking
around, but they take the one woman in America willing to cook, clean,
and work in the yard and haul her ass to jail."