Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:27:12 -0700
From:      Chris Wasser <cwasser@v-wave.com>
To:        Jeremiah Gowdy <jgowdy@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on IRC? Anywhere?

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 08:53:10AM -0800, Jeremiah Gowdy wrote:
> #freebsd on EfNet is lame because it's not a help channel ?  Does
> "technical discussions" mean help ? #freebsdhelp is for "technical
> discussions" that involve other people helping you.  #freebsd is a
> channel for freebsd people to talk about shit, only some of which
> is about freebsd, and none of which is dealing with help questions.
> There are two channels, if you don't like one or the other or both,
> deal with it without acting like a child.

I didn't realize I was acting like a child, simply stating opinion,
if you don't like that, tough **** to you as well. I don't think it's
a stretch to go to a named channel which to most people would indicate
that discussions about FreeBSD happen in (such as #FreeBSD) and ask
for specific information which doesn't fall into your "usual newbie
questions".

But I guess that logic escapes you. You do have one valid point however,
I should have read the FAQ and saved myself the time and effort of
dealing with the patronage in #FreeBSD and replying to people like you.

> I just get sick and tired of this attitude like you have a right
> to have people help you and a right to tell other people how to run
> their channel.  If you don't like #freebsd on EFNet and you're not
> willing to read the damn FAQ, then start your own EFNet FreeBSD
> channel and run it as you see fit.

You assume too much. I don't think I have the "right" to tell anyone
to do anything, much less then how to run "their" channel.

No matter, I found a decent FreeBSD channel where I can go to have
intelligent conversations with people on my wavelength.

Have a nice day.

(PS: don't bother replying, I really have no wish to continue this
discussion with you simply because you cannot carry a conversation
on in a civilized manner, any replies >/dev/null)

TDF/Chris Wasser