Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:02:57 -0500
From:      "Don Bowman" <don@sandvine.com>
To:        <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   unmount: dangling vnode on 5.3 (no vinum)

I have a machine which i have (oct 25) cvsup and moved to RELENG_5.
It was previously running 5.1.

The machine does not use vinum. I am using 'amd' automounter.
When a certain host becomes unavailable (that host is using=20
nfsv2), automounter times it out. During the umount (sometimes?=20
always? not sure),
i get: "unmount: dangling vnode" panic.

I have a vmcore from it, and a kernel.debug.

I'm a little confused on gdb, there is no -k switch anymore?
I'm very familiar with 4.x, less so with 5.x, how does one
do kernel debugging with gdb?
The handbook still says -k=20
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/ker=
neldebug-gdb.html)

Has anyone seen this? Is there a workaround?

FreeBSD labgw8.phaedrus.sandvine.com 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #15: =
Mon Oct 25 23:18:50 EDT 2004     =
don@cdata.sandvine.com:/d2/usr/obj/d2/usr/src/sys/CDATA  i386

The amd entry is:

mfg_cc_views    -type:=3Dnfs;rfs:=3D/m;addopts:=3Dvers=3D2,proto=3Dudp \
                rhost:=3Dmfgrembo.mfg.wtl.sandvine.com

that seems to trip this, but others may too, just that machine=20
has been having some trouble.