Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:52:03 +0200
From:      Irvine Short <irvine@sanbi.ac.za>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ruby coredumping in 4.10 w. ports utils

Hey All

What's the deal with ruby coredumping all over the place when using
pkgdb -F and portsdb -Uu under 4.10 these days? I've read a bit about it
and how you can possibly get around it eith either sorting the INDEX-5
file or randomizing it with rl.

This strikes me as being a horrible kluge. Anyone got any ideas at to
how to fix it properly?

I have it happening using pkgdb -F and portsdb -Uu on two different
machines. I seem to have just gotten around it by removing the whole
ports tree and cvsupping a new one on one machine, I'm going to try that
on another as well.

Cheers,

--

Irvine Short

Sys Admin
SANBI, University of the Western Cape, South Africa
http://www.sanbi.ac.za
tel: +27-21-959 3645
cel: +27-82-494 3828