Date:      Tue, 28 May 2002 00:49:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chris Reinhardt <ctriv@dyndns.org>
Cc:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>, <ports@FreeBSD.org>, <devel@lists.net-dns.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: p5-Net-DNS-0.14

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Chris Reinhardt wrote:

> Yep, that is one of the two big changes for .21 (and minor bug fixes).  I
> would advise against running .20 on freebsd with the perl version check
> removed.  There is a bug in Net::DNS that keeps it from binding UDP
> sockets properly on FreeBSD (4.6-RC, an older 4.5-STABLE, 4.4-RELEASE,
> etc.. etc..).  All this is cleared up in .21, which should be released
> this week.

	Excellent news, thanks. FYI, it's too late to make the 4.6-RELEASE
CD, however if things work out as you describe I'll update the port prior
to the release hitting the streets, so it will be available for those
users who need it by simply updating their ports, or going with the
updated package.

	Thanks for your interest in helping keep FreeBSD up to date.

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?