Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 08:38:15 -0700
From:      z thompson <cublai@lastamericanempire.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panic

Hi,

For the past 2 days or so my machine has been locking up when
performing normal, every day tasks.  I haven't been able to locate any
error message until this morning.

When I went to login I saw that during the night it had panic'ed
again listing the process as tripwire. So I rebooted, logged in, and
ran make update in /usr/src thinking I would rebuild and see if that
fixed it. Almost immediately I got another panic:

        TreeList failed: Error in
        "/usr/sup/src-all/checkouts.cvs:RELENG_4":4391: File is not
        supported properly. Delete it and try again.

        fault virtual address   = 0x3a
        fault code              = supervisor write, page not present
        instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc01db2c6
        stack pointer           = 0x10:0xf5411d08
        frame pointer           = 0x10:0xf511da8
        code segment            = base 0x0,limit 0xfffff,type 0x1b
                                = DPL 0,pres 1,def32 1,gran 1
        processor eflags        = interrupt enabled,resume,IOPL = 0
        current process         = 266 (cvsup)
        interrupt mask          = none
        trap number             = none
        panic: page fault.

I last did make world on Feb 22 in the morning. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Zach Thompson