Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:02:19 -0500
From:      "Dr. Richard E. Hawkins" <hawk@slytherin.ds.psu.edu>
To:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: superfluous java ports?

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 05:18:39PM -0500, Robert Huff wrote:

> 	I have the following JDKs installed:

> diablo-jdk-1.3.1.0
> jdk-1.3.1p8_2
> jdk-nodebug-1.4.1p4
> linux-blackdown-jdk-1.3.1_2
> linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.01_3

I was wondering how many were cruft the other day, and did something
like:

ls /var/db/pkg/*/+REQ* | sed -e "s/-.*//" -e "s/^.*\///" > tlist

to get a file of all packages upon which something else depends, and
then

/var/db/pkg | grep -v -f tlist

to get a list of files upon which nothing else depends, which I then
inspected for candidates for pkg_deinstall

hawk

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  111 Hiller (814) 375-4846      \ /   against HTML mail